Revered Cinema specializes in heavy-lifting / low-altitude aerial cinematography with remote UAV’s “Drones / Helicam” & Freefly Movi stabilized gimbals for Feature Films, TV Series, Commercials, Live Events & Industrial applications.
Since it seems everyone flies a drone, why would you hire just anyone to shoot your film?
We are cinematographers not RC enthusiasts, everyone at Revered Cinema has worked in film since 2000. RVRD’s members were in IATSE well before they asked us to join in the drone category. We included drones into our camera package in 2012 and have excelled at it, being hired daily, its become our full time job and we are 100% dedicated to it – we have probably operated legally and commercial more than anyone in the world! Take at look at our recent projects / clients which use RVRD’s experience and equipment on the some of the largest Feature Films, TV Series and Commercials around!
We are thankful to our clients for making us North Americas premiere drone / movi film vendor: 1st drone operators to be FAA & Transport Canada permitted for all of North America, 1st of a group to join IATSE for their UAV category, over a decade of feature film experience, 5 million liability, heaviest lifting capacities, work side-by-side with some of the best Directors and DP’s and we are Ambassadors to some of the top film equipment companies like Freefly Systems, BlackMagic Designs, Small HD and others.
Our arsenal of “IN-HOUSE” gear is unsurpassed: Arri Alexa Mini, Red Dragon’s/Weapon, Red 15-50mm Zoom, multiple Freefly Movi M15’s/M10’s/M5’s, Paralinx Tomahawks, Preston FIZ’s, Preston Single Channel’s, Easy Rig’s, remote wheels, camera carts, generators, trailers, etc. We have Canadian / US teams with multiple drone packages and backups to suit any production or budget, plus we custom manufacture our own “Rapture Drones” capable of lifting 55lbs for 15min for productions that demand only the best in performance!
Not to forget our roots… we still also provide traditional film services like: hanging out of helicopters, mounting remote heads on anything that moves, good o’l fashion camera operating, onset vfx supervision & recently directing / dp’ing. So when you are looking for vendor, choose Revered Cinema… your “ONE STOP SHOP” of the most experienced & knowledgeable professionals around.
Why use RVRD:
• The FIRST & ONLY commercial UAV company in North America to be “ Permitted” w/ Transport Canada & FAA to operate throughout Canada & USA meaning we can operate anywhere at anytime per our permits, other companies can take up to 20-120 days to get permits).
• 30+ years combined film experience on high-end commercial and feature film productions.
• Design and build our “Rapture” UAV/Drones
• One of the first UAV/Drone operation in the world to be asked to join the IATSE Film Union.
• In-house camera equipment for any production (10 Drone systems, Red Dragon, Red Weapon, Arri Alex Mini’s w/ EF & PL Motion Mounts, Black Magic 4K’s, multiple Movi M10 & M15’s, Preston Fiz, numerous SmallHD Monitors, 4x Paralinx Tomahawk systems, Generators, Trailer and the list goes on & on.
• Partnered up with some of the best manufactures of film and electronic equipment in the world – (Freefly Black Magic, Small HD, Paralinx, Tiger Motors, KDE, Gensace, Dragonlink and more).
So please look around when choosing a vendor for your next production, you will find we are one of, if not “the” highest qualified / most film experience around!
• Can you use your drones in USA & Canada – Yes we are currently the ONLY company in North America to be “Permit” to operate in Canada & USA anywhere at anytime (after we do a risk assessment) + we have additional permissions like: Night Operations, 150-400ft Height, and able to operate with zero prior notice depending on location. Others require an SFOC / 333 permits which can take 20-120 days to obtain w/ restrictions depending on location.
• What makes your drones different – Our UAV/Drones are NOT off the shelve rigs, we custom make/design our UAVs/Drone using the best/latest technology possible for the most demanding applications. Our “Raptures” X8’s dihedral design with over/under motor/prop configuration act a mini gyro stabilizers and having high mass/low surface area cuts through wind making it the most stable design period! The design works so well every production comments that its the smoothest drone that have ever worked with!
• How large are the UAV/Drones and are they portable – We have a mobile trailer to be on set within any drivable location. For air transport, all UAV/Drones are collapsible designed and pack down quite small to travel anywhere in the world. Depending on the shots requirements we can fit everything needed into 1 or 2 pelican cases “well the largest case Pelican makes”.
• Why do you have so many UAV/Drones (10 to be exact) – We have an assortment of drones that are specific for camera payloads and budgets (our large drones are custom/designed manufactured for specific filming environments). Our “Rapture Heavy-lift X8” has the most lifting capacity allowed for commercial applications and is our film workhorse, flying a Red or Alexa, Ultra Primes or Super Speed, HD Downlinks, Preston remote zoom, Movi M10 or M15 and accessories. We also provide a “Rapture Extended X8E” which is one of a kind and currently has the longest flight times of any “multirotor drone”. Its designed to carry a Flir Thermal camera can achieve 90miutes of flight time. Smaller more budget conscious drones are the Freefly Alta and DJI Inspire
• What equipment can you fly with: We are currently use the largest Movi M15 gimbal which has a 15lbs payload. We can lift any camera around 5lbs (Red Dragon, Red Weapon, Alexa Mini or smaller), any lens under 5lbs (Angénieux zooms, Ultra Primes, Super Speeds and Anamorphic Lens), Remote FI+Z”, Long range HD Down-link for video village, Freefly Movi M10 or M15 gimbal, etc.
• Is the footage smooth – Smoothest footage guaranteed! We use the Freefly MOVI M10 & M15 gimbal systems which are unsurpassed and require virtually ZERO post stabilization!
• Do you provide video downlinks for video village – Yes, we provide Paralinx Tomahawk HD Long Range wireless downlinks which can achieve over 2000ft+ range without dropout with less than 1ms of latency with custom arrays. Client/agency monitors provided via Camera Cart or handheld cages with Paralinx Tomahawk HD “long range” live video feeds which can be daisy chained to as many monitors as needed.
• Do you have Remote Wheels (Pan/Tilt) – Yes we have “Wheels” for DP / Camera operators who are used to traditional gimbal wheels rather than thumb or tray remotes.
• How long can we shoot – ALL DAY… we use batteries in dual or quad configurations from 32,000-64,000Mah, and have enough to last any shoot in bursts of “10-15min with Red or Alexa”, “15-30min with DSLR” and “60-90min with Flir” depending on configuration.
• Any wait between flights – Less than 2-5 minutes to swap out batteries/cards/camera settings/lenses.
• Flight distance and height – Line of sight, usually less than 1000ft, 0-150ft in urban areas, 0-400ft in remote areas (400ft height with airspace approval), video feed to 2000ft, data link up to 2miles.
• How fast is it and can it fly in wind or rain – Top speeds are around 65km/40mph depending on conditions – all of the rigs are specify designed to handle winds in around 30+ knots sustained (15knots gusting). We can also operate in rain and snow conditions which most will no dare to venture!
• Can we change camera/lenses – YES, with a quick re-balancing which requires a short down time for Movi calibration – usually 203mins.
• Is it dangerous – It could be so we take every precaution for safety; years of experience, GPS auto pilot, automated return to home, automated failsafe landing and safety meetings before shooting, lock-offs, etc.
• What if it has a prop or motor failure – Our coaxial rigs all have redundancy meaning if a prop/motor fails it will still fly and return safely – even if two motors fail it will still be under control.
• How many teams do you have – We have 3 teams (pilots, camera operators, safety techs, producer) so we can run multiple jobs in USA and Canada.
• Are you insured – Yes we have a 5 million production insurance policy covering liability, property and equipment.
we fly our alexa mini, weapon, dragon, bm4k, gh4, Movi M10/M15’s & more.
We offer drone, movi, cinematography, film rentals, uav sales, training & consulting to various industries “Feature film, Marketing, Agriculture, Mining, Government, etc" using the latest in technology “8K Raw Video, 50+Megapixel Stills, Thermal Imaging & Photogrammetry”.
FEATURES & COMMERCIALS
MARKETING & SURVEYING
High Resolution Stills (50+Mp), Thermal Imaging & 3D Topo for various markets, Realestate, Sports, Agriculture, Mining, Government, etc.
"In-house" camera equipment to suit any production from feature film to budget conscious documentaries. We have multiple backups of all our gear to insure your production runs perfectly. RVRD is your "One Stop Shop" for all your specialized camera gear & film needs!
We where one of the 1st to receive the new, compact, lightweight & self-contained “ARRI ALEXA Mini“. The ALEXA Mini perfectly complements the entire ALEXA line of cameras, eliminating the complications of working with third-party cameras for specialized shots and keeping everything within a single system that is trusted all over the world.
The RED WEAPON 8K is bigger & smaller. Leveraging the award-winning RED DRAGON sensor, WEAPON is Reds smallest & most lightweight camera BRAIN with a groundbreaking 8K sensor (8192 x 4320). WEAPON is engineered from the ground up to deliver cutting edge performance in the most intuitive camera experience possible. We take delivery late 2015 for our 8K VV
Our RED DRAGONs come with EF & PL Motion mounts, 2TB of Minimags, USB3 reader, Fool Control, long range rec/stop, custom cabling & more. The Red Dragon camera is a 19 megapixel sensor that captures video and stills at up to 6K resolution. The sensor captures over nine times more resolution than standard HD, resulting in native exposure that exceeds 35mm film in both latitude & image density. Red Dragon supports 100+ FPS, 16.5 stops of dynamic range, & advanced color science.
Our URSA MINIs use 4.6K Super 35 image sensors with global shutter giving 15 stops of dynamic range! The compact lightweight design is perfectly balanced for handheld or Drone use & we offer them in PL & EF to accommodate any lens. The camera is capable of recording 4.6K (4608 x 2592) up too 60fps or 120fps @ 1080p recorded as Lossless Cinema DMG (RAW) or the Apple ProRes 422 family of codecs.
Our Panasonic GH4 is a great little 4K budget or crash cam which features FIZ (remote focus, iris, zoom & rec/stop). This 4K Mirrorless M4:3rds camera is a true hybrid camera designed for both prosumer photo & video use. It features a 16.05-megapixel CMOS sensor & a 4-CPU Venus Engine, capable of capturing high-resolution JPEG & RAW stills, as well as UHD 4K 3840×2160 30p/24p & cinematic DCI 4K 4096×2160 video at 24p.
The Canon 5D-SR like our other cameras have many remote features so not to stop creativity while on location. The 50.6MP 5D-SR camera offers even greater sharpness & detail for specialized situations by canceling the low-pass filter* (LPF) effect to provide finer edge sharpness & detail for critical subjects such as architecture / landscapes where getting the sharpest subject detail is top priority for mega panoramas in the 40′ range (1000+MP). Expected delivery June 20015
We have more “in-house” Freefly MōVI remote heads/gimbals than most rental houses do. We carry the MōVI M10’s which are rated to a 10lbs payload (Red Weapon / Alexa Mini & Lens) and the MōVI M15’s that can carry 15lbs (Red Weapon / Alexa Mini, Zoom Lens and Preston Fiz).
There is a segment of high-end cameras that we have not tackled on a drone or rigged until now. The MōVI XL’s design delivers the familiar benefits of the MōVI M5/M10/M15 stabilization systems but now can control cameras such as the Phantom Flex 4K and the ARRI ALEXA. We expect to take delivery fall 2015
We have multiple Paralinx TOMAHAWK systems, these are hands-down the best HD Video Transmission systems made, offering Real Time Wireless HD with unprecedented range for your Television, Film, Broadcast, Industrial or UAV/UAS application. The Paralinx Tomahawk has an uncompressed video range of over 2000 feet with the array units.
The Preston FI+Z (focus, iris, zoom) and Single Channel systems control various lens and camera functions. The system is modular, giving the us a wide range of choices from a basic cable connected system to a full wireless system. The Systems consists of the Hand Unit, Motor Driver, Digital Motors, optional Microwave Link, cables and motor mounting bracket. We also have light weight Heden M26VE motors which are used on our heavylift Rapture drones.
The HME DX100 system delivers crystal-clear, two-way communications in a compact, portable base station for up to 15 simultaneous wireless users. Hands-free mode allows maximum flexibility and a secure channel ensures that private conversations stay private. The portable, compact design makes the DX100 “the” system for field operations. applications.
We have a plethora of SmallHD monitors in our rental arsenal including multiple AC7-LED, AC7-OLED, DP7-PRO OLED and DP7-PRO HB’s. They are offered as stand alone or with cages for handheld client monitoring + come with all the accessories needed.
“THE DRONE” for feature film & commercial work; RVRD’s own Rapture Drone is THE heavy-lift workhorse! 125lbs of thrust, 40mph/65kmh top speed with vertical acceleration of 6msec/20ftsec – our drone is what you’ve been wanting in an aerial camera platform. Unlike our competitors who might have 1 “off the shelf” backup drone, we have 5 Raptures available to be fully kit’ed with Red Dragon / Arri Alexa Mini, Ultra Primes, FI+Z, Tomahawk & Movi’s to take your production to new heights!
The next drone in our lineup is the Freefly ALTA which unpacks and is ready to shoot in under five minutes. The Alta is our medium lift “travel” drone that is powerful, rigid, adaptable, reliable, and optimized for up to ten-pound payloads with our Movi M10 gimbals. This unit is guided by Freefly’s state-of-the-art Synapse flight controller and like our Rapture Drone, can top mount a camera for unique perspectives.
We use the DJI Inspire for budget conscious productions where getting the shot is more important than the camera used. Don’t get us wrong, its a very capable – sports a 3-axis gimbal, Sony EXMOR sensor, 20mm lens, can capture 4K 24fps/30fps video & 12-MPl stills. This little drone for great for tight areas like forest or indoors because of its small & has sonar position hold. We use it in higher risk situations so not to jeopardize our more expensive packages – its our version of a crash cam!
We have tons of film accessories as well; camera carts (covered & non-covered), Honda 2K generators, 100’s of feet of SDI cables & extension cords, weather bags, Oasis 10×10 tents, 14″ trailers & more. With all the above gear, we have your production covered… so you don’t have to!
MAKE YOUR CLIENTS REVERE YOU.
List of projects & clients we have worked on this past year with our Drones & Movi's (which we used handheld or riged on: car's, helicopters, eary rigs, cable cams, decelerators, etc).
A Dogs Purpose (Dreamworks)
Revenant (20th Century Fox)
The Age of Adaline (Lions Gate)
IMAX Humback (Macgillivray Freeman)
Life on the Line (Elite)
Monster Trucks (Paramount)
The 9th Life of Louis Drax (Brightlight Pictures)
Warriors Gate (Fundamental)
Meteor Assault (independent)
Skate Cop (independent)
Motive (Bell Media)
Once Upon a Time (ABC)
Big Catch (BBC)
Highway Thru Hell (Discovery)
Fairmont Lake Louise
Money super market
NRG solar panels
CBC Music Festivals
Diner en Blanc Calgary
Diner en Blanc Vancouver
Jim Pattison Group
Jim Pattison Group
WHAT ARE WE UP TO.
We have been working hard & having fun making movie magic on some of the largest Feature Films, TV Searies and Commercials around, below are some recent posts of what we have been up to. PS - this is a fraction of what we have done & its consistently outdated... who has time for social media :)
passionate ABOUT FILM.
Meet the Guys
We have 30+ years combined film production experience to bring onset. We own our cameras and equipment and know how to prep and operate virtually every camera made (Dragon, Phantom, Alexa, F5, Weisscam, C500, etc). You will be hard pressed to find a more experienced and professional team then Revered Cinema (RVRD).
Founder, Aerial Director, Pilot & Engineer
Jason has been involved in film since his early pro snowboard days filming with Warren Miller in Lake Tahoe. Though not as good as Derek at boarding “below”; he is one of many talents. Jason has been a compositor, compositing supervisor, onset VFX supervisor, commercial stills photographer, cinematographer and director. These skills helped Jason start two very successful post houses where Electronic Arts used his studios for some of their largest game franchises.
Jason has always been fascinated by making things… designs highend furniture, dabbles in interior design, designs drones to fly the largest of cameras and much more. Jason really enjoys helping clients bring their ideas to reality, being well versed in many disciplines makes it possible.
Partner, Aerial DOP, Camera Operator
Derek has been working around cameras for most of his professional life. As one of the most photographed snowboarders of his time, he spent 15+ years traveling and working alongside the sports industry’s top photo/cinematographer’s, Warren Miller Films, and as an athlete in the 1998 Nagano Olympics.
After retirement from pro snowboarding, Derek focused his attention on a career in film & television. Derek oversaw marketing for Oakley eyewear, which included shooting their advertising photography. He has worked as an Assistant Camera on hundreds of tv shows, features and commercials. Derek also has 1000’s of hours working with specialized remote camera head systems on sets for Filmotechnic, which have given him invaluable training for RVRD’s camera gimbal’s.
Shaun started out shooting action sports more than 2 decades ago. Having worked on everything from large scale photography to 3D feature films, Shaun has produced projects of all scales & budgets.
Chris became involved with UAV filming during it’s infancy in action sports, his many years of UAV experience led him to the film industry where he has operated for RVRD on numerous commercials & features.
Coming from the world of action sports as well, Jeff became a professional photo/cinematographer that naturally adapted his talents to become a UAV operator to capture a unique perspective.
20 of experience in film and TV, Dana initially specialized in Tyler nose and mid mount for aerial photography prior to operating gimbles for drones and pursuit cars (Russian & Ultimate arms).
Another veteran to film, Paolo has been an IATSE member since 2000 as a 1st AC & EPK on some large features like Fifty Shades of Grey, Monster Truck, Underworld, Final Destination and many more.
Revered Cinema’s team also includes additional: Pilots, Camera Operators, Safety Techs to accommodate multiple bookings & locations.